Wednesday 5 April 2017 - Tropical Cyclone Debbie office closures
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie crossed the coast near Airlie Beach on Tuesday 28 March 2017 as a Severe Category 4 system.
Safety is our number one priority - for both our staff and their families.
A number of DAF offices have been impacted by this weather event and updates about these offices are below:
- Airlie Beach office is now open. Normal work hours apply.
- The mobile office is located at Bowen Research Station to support local staff. Functions will be limited however staff at asked to attend.
The following contacts may provide further information about concerns in your area:
- Weather warnings - http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/warnings/
- Road closures - http://www.131940.qld.gov.au
- School closures - http://closures.det.qld.gov.au/emergency/schools.html
- State Emergency Service 132500 (for emergency assistance with storm damage, rising flood water, fallen trees on buildings or roof damage)
- Disaster affected people can contact the Community Recovery Hotline for information and support on 1800173 349. People are requested to be patient when calling the Community Recovery Hotline.