The Queensland Government is committed to supporting agribusinesses to transform in a time of great disruption, making it more agile, economically and environmentally sustainable and resilient.
The future is complex and unpredictable, but the opportunities to grow and prosper are energising industry, government and communities. By boosting productivity, developing new value-added and globally competitive products, and supporting regional Queensland communities and jobs across the supply chain, we can continue to build a strong agribusiness sector.
AgTech is creating new ways of doing things that add value to the sector. The opportunities for transformation through AgTech and innovation are significant and expanding. Enhanced digital capability will help agribusinesses realise their potential.
Our role as government is in providing trusted, independent information, de-risking decisions, and working towards outcomes that benefit the sector. Importantly, we acknowledge that the key to success is working together with partners, industry and businesses. Together we will ensure we are at the forefront of change.
There are a number of key government strategies that highlight the importance of AgTech to the sector's future:
- COVID-19 Unite and Recover for Queensland
- Building Our Innovation Economy - Advance Queensland Strategy
- Queensland Agriculture and Food Research, Development and Extension 10-Year Roadmap and Action Plan
- DIGITAL1ST: Advancing our digital future.
A collaborative approach
We want to engage collaboratively with agripreneurs and businesses to establish projects and programs that will transform the way we meet future food, fibre and foliage needs. We want to hear from you to inform our policy and planning. Working together to pursue opportunities and address challenges we can create a strong and resilient agribusiness sector.
We want to work with you to explore:
Mapping our future
We are committed to actively working with other tiers of government to advocate for the removal of barriers that limit agribusiness’ adoption of digital technologies, AgTech and innovations. Through our activities and services we look to drive practice change to benefit Queensland agribusiness.
- Continue to chart the evolving Queensland AgTech ecosystem
- Explore AgTech solutions to address key challenges
- Work with industry to support skills and training initiatives
- Attract investment in AgTech
- Bolster the AgTech ecosystem
- Enhance engagement and representation.