This November, Queensland AgTech Month celebrates the home-grown ingenuity of the big thinkers, problem-solvers and forward planners in rural and regional Queensland who are leading the sector and supporting agribusinesses in their adoption of AgTech.
'Powering up with AgTech' webinar
AgTech Month kicked off with a webinar, 'Powering up with AgTech.
'Powering up with AgTech' kicked off Queensland AgTech Week 2021. The event supported by the Qld AgTech Cluster, Agrihive and Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, was hosted by fifth generation farmer and innovative thinker James Walker, Queensland Government Digital Champion and Founder of Agrihive.
Speakers and topics:
- Randall Martin and Nicholas Kemph from Proven Energy Management: What's changing in energy markets and the move to renewables, new tech innovations and information on how to get started.
- Lani Refiti from CyberMetrix: Key things regional agribusinesses should be aware of when it comes to cybersecurity, the risks and what needs to be done about it.
Watch the webinar
AgTech Month events
There's a lot on this November
AgTech21: Build it, Use it, Profit
Hosted on 3 November 2021, AgTech21: Build it, Use it, Profit was proudly presented by AgFrontier and supported by Local Buying Foundation, is a major biennial innovation and technology event for the Australian agricultural community.
The event brought together the smartest minds at the intersection of agriculture, machinery and technology to explore the future of agribusiness and showcase the latest innovations to improve farm and business profitability.
More on the event is on the Central Highlands Development Corporation website.
Youtube event recordings
The below videos are available on the Central Highlands Development Corporation Youtube channel.
- Peter Lewis interviews Emma Black, Co-Founder Black Box Co and winner of the 2021 Beef Australia "Pitch in the Paddock". Watch.
- AgTech21: Panel 1 Digital Farming Collaboration Project: Digital Collaboration project "Condamine Plains". Watch.
- AgTech21: Panel 2 Biotech, Biosecurity and Bio Risk: Dr Jaime Manning, Lecturer Agriculture, Central Queensland University, Dr Nancy Schellhorn, Co-Founder and CEO, RapidAim, Rob Long, Director, Crown Analytical Services and Liz Alexander, Commercialisation Facilitator, i4Connect (Moderator) Watch
- AgTech21: Panel 3 Early Adopters of Agtech: Aaron Kiely, Director Weemah Farming Ben Single, Director Single Agriculture Matt Barnes, Owner CQ Compost Pat Lonergan, Director 2PL Rural Services and James Walker, Founder Agrihive (Moderator). Watch