Drought Relief Assistance Scheme guidelines and forms
The latest drought situation map can be viewed on the Long Paddock.
Learn how an area or shire is drought declared here.
For the purpose of the Drought Relief Assistance Scheme, to be eligible for assistance you must be a primary producer who normally spends more than 50 per cent of your labour on, and derives more than 50 per cent of your gross income from a primary production enterprise.
Flood information: Producers restocking after the floods should check their eligibility for further assistance with DAF. Restocking may impact the type of financial assistance they can receive. Please call DAF on 13 25 23 to discuss individual circumstances.
Transport of fodder freight subsidy
- Transport of fodder freight subsidy guideline (PDF, 250.7KB)
- Transport of fodder form (PDF, 591.4KB)
- Feed millers/manufacturers - declaration (PDF, 560.7KB)
- Fodder merchants/agents - declaration (PDF, 559.6KB)
- Transport of donated fodder form (PDF, 119.4KB)
Transport of water freight subsidy
Emergency water infrastructure rebate
- Emergency water infrastructure rebate guideline (PDF, 1.0MB)
- Water availability statement (emergency water infrastructure rebate) (PDF, 153.9KB)
- Application for emergency water infrastructure rebate (PDF, 553.7KB)
Transport of livestock to agistment freight subsidy
This freight subsidy is available to primary producers in a droughted area who are sending stock to agistment to a property in North West Queensland that was impacted by the North and Far North Monsoon Trough in January and February 2019.
- Transport of livestock to agistment freight subsidy guideline (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Transport of livestock to agistment freight subsidy form (PDF, 554.6KB)
Transport of livestock returning from agistment freight subsidy
- Transport of stock returning from agistment freight subsidy guideline (PDF, 249.2KB)
- Stock returning from agistment form (PDF, 187.3KB)
Transport of livestock purchased for restocking freight subsidy
- Transport of livestock purchased for restocking freight subsidy guideline (PDF, 245.6KB)
- Animals purchased for restocking form (PDF, 647.9KB)
Drought management plan
- Drought Management Plan (PDF, 544.5KB) for increasing the ceiling of DRAS from $20,000 to up to $50,000 depending on the length of time your property has been in drought.
Individually droughted property
- Individually droughted property (IDP) application guidelines
- Application for an individually droughted property (IDP) declaration for Livestock Properties (PDF, 156.3KB)
- Application for an individually droughted property (IDP) declaration for Agricultural and Horticultural Properties (PDF, 114.9KB)