The agriculture industry
The agriculture industry, use of natural resources and management of the activities and impacts is as diverse as the food and fibre produced by the various sectors of agriculture.
The Queensland Government is committed to supporting the growth and prosperity of the food and fibre sector that in turn supports local businesses and services underpinning rural and regional communities. This means continuing to deliver key services for agribusiness development, with a focus on five priority areas:
- Drive growth, efficiency and sustainability.
- Support a modern and skilled workforce.
- Advance research and development.
- Improve Queensland's biosecurity capability.
- Deliver service innovation.
Queensland has a network of strong regional economies, which offer diverse business and investment opportunities. You can find out more about Queensland's agriculture industries under the following topics:
Agriculture industry associations
Agriculture industry association's offer services including training programs and networking opportunities to connect with other agricultural businesses. View the list of agriculture industry associations.
Land and property
- Land and property information including titles and valuations, and surveying.
- Using and accessing land including Native Title, leases, and infrastructure and planning.
- Land and vegetation management information.
- Vegetation management and clearing information.
Managing and accessing water
- Information on when you may require an authorisation for an activity is available at Business Queensland Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning has further information on the development assessment process.
- The Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy provides water management information including on accessing water, resource planning and unallocated water.
- Find out about managing and accessing water including information on water bores, water authorisations and resource compliance.
- Water bore assessment services provided by the Department of Environment and Science.
- Water allocations procedures to lodge a new or transfer an existing right acquisition for a water allocation.
- Riverine quarrying materials—find out about removing material from a watercourse and if you need a riverine protection permit.