Mapping and search tools
To undertake agricultural development or expand an existing business, you often need to refer to mapping to determine, for example if there are local or regional impacts to:
- native vegetation
- threatened species
- fish habitat areas.
This information is also important for preparing a development application and as relevant, will be used by an assessment manager to approve, condition or refuse your development.
It is recommended that you seek a pre-lodgement meeting with your local council or SARA to discuss mapping with regard to local, State and Federal interests.
A range of mapping links and searches are provided below for your preliminary investigation of the suitability of a site or proposal. Included with these mapping and search tools are links to additional resources such as Queensland Globe and QSpatial.
Mapping and data tools
- Agriculture and land web mapping tool - the Web-based Agricultural Land Information (WALI) mapping tool.
- Mapping, data and imagery services
- State map resources for planning and development
- Department of Environment and Science mapping
- Satellite mapping and monitoring
- Vegetation maps
- Queensland Globe—lets you view and explore Queensland spatial data and imagery
- Queensland spatial catalogue (QSpatial)—a geospatial portal that allows public access to Queensland Government spatial data and information
- Spatial data (protected areas)—includes environmental data, and parks and forest maps.
Species and biodiversity search tools
- Species lists—access Wildlife Online, an application to request species lists for protected areas, forestry areas and local government areas.
- Spot our species— provides location-relevant information on threatened species, habitats, recovery actions and local community groups involved in species preservation
- Protected plants flora survey trigger map
- Request a map of biodiversity status or broad vegetation group
- Request a property report and vegetation maps
- Matters of State Environmental Significance reports online—reports on specific environmental values, by location.
- Federal protected matters search tool
- Significant Impact Guidelines 1.1 - Matters of National Environmental Significance