'Queensland AgTrends' includes the latest economic forecasts and trends in Queensland agricultural, fisheries and forestry production.
The report provides gross value of production forecasts for each of Queensland's major primary industry commodities, as well as forecasts for first-round processing activities. The main edition of 'Queensland AgTrends' contains initial forecasts for the most recent financial year and is published annually.
These forecasts are then reviewed during the year. Changes to the initial forecasts are reported six months later in the subsequent edition of 'AgTrends update'.
Key forecasts: Queensland AgTrends 2018-19
For 2018–19, the total value of Queensland’s primary industry commodities (combined gross value of production and first-stage processing) is forecast to be $18.54 billion, 5 per cent less than the April 2018 estimate but about the same as the average for the past 5 years.
Gross value of production ('farm gate') outlook
For 2018–19, the gross value of production (GVP) of Queensland’s primary industry commodities at the ‘farm gate’ is forecast to be almost $14.65 billion, 5 per cent less than the initial estimate for 2017–18 but about the same as the average for the past 5 years.
Get a copy of the report
- Queensland AgTrends April 2018 update
- Queensland AgTrends 2017-18
- Queensland AgTrends April 2017 update
- Queensland AgTrends 2016-17
- Queensland AgTrends April 2016 update
- Queensland AgTrends 2015-16
- Queensland AgTrends April 2015 update
- Queensland AgTrends 2014-15
- Queensland AgTrends April 2014 update (PDF, 423.7KB)
- Queensland AgTrends (October 2013) (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Queensland AgTrends 2012-13, April 2013 update (PDF, 337.8KB)