- coordinates the government's efforts to prevent, respond to, and recover from pests and diseases that threaten the economy and environment
- works to ensure continued market access for our products
- maintains our reputation for high standards of animal care and keeping
- reduces the risks that chemical contaminants pose to agricultural food production systems and the environment
- helps to ensure Queensland land and the environment is healthy and resilient.
Fee information for the Biosecurity Act 2014.
Biosecurity Act 2014
Keep updated about the new Biosecurity Regulations being developed.
About the work of Biosecurity Queensland
Biosecurity Queensland brings together land protection, animal and plant biosecurity, environmental biosecurity, chemical use and animal welfare and keeping.
Summary versions and main applications of the Acts administered by Biosecurity Queensland within the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.
Enhancing biosecurity capability and capacity in Queensland
The Queensland Government is undertaking a review to ensure Queensland has the best biosecurity capability in place to deal with the risks it faces.
This video provides information about key measures you can put in place to protect your property and Queensland.
- Apply for a Biosecurity Instrument Permit
- Landholder responsibilities
- Queensland Biosecurity Strategy 2018-2023