Biosecurity emergency response group
The project will deliver two key outcomes. The first is the establishment of a dedicated preparedness and response capability to support response operations, and build the competencies, tools, relationships and networks required to resource future responses.
The second is the establishment of a biosecurity network beyond existing network arrangements to include wider government emergency response agencies, industry, and private sector organisations.
With the recruitment of up to six personnel on a temporary full time basis up to 30 June 2020 work will include:
- review of existing manuals, policies, and procedures
- implementation of revised manuals, policies, and procedures
- establishment of a fit-for-purpose State Coordination Centre
- identification and engagement of potential network partners
- development of training and exercises relevant to biosecurity preparedness and response.