Biosecurity emergency response group
The Biosecurity and Emergency Preparedness project is working to deliver two key outcomes:
- the establishment of a dedicated preparedness and response capability to support response operations, and build the competencies, tools, relationships and networks required to resource future responses
- the establishment of a wider biosecurity network to include other government emergency response agencies, industry and private sector organisations.
Key project work currently underway includes:
- review of existing manuals, policies, and procedures
- implementation of revised manuals, policies, and procedures
- establishment of a fit-for-purpose State Coordination Centre (complete)
- identification and engagement of potential network partners
- development and delivery of training and exercises relevant to biosecurity preparedness and response.