Broadacre crop protection diagnostics
This is a complimentary service for small scale diagnostic testing.
A completed sample submission form is required for each sample submitted. It is very important to label each sample with your contact details and host plant in such a way as to ensure that the sample submission forms can be linked with each sample correctly.
Broadacre Crop Protection Diagnostics, a comprehensive disease and pest diagnostic service for all broadacre crops, including:
- Forage Oats
- Standard samples are complimentary for commercial growers and advisors
- Prompt and accurate diagnosis and analysis. The exact length of time to achieve a diagnosis may vary depending on the host plant and symptoms. Typically, a disease takes two weeks to be isolated and diagnosed. Regular updates can be given over the course of the diagnosis.
- Experienced and dedicated staff
- Extensive experience in all broadacre crops, summer and winter crops, forage oats and pastures.
DAF hopes to boost broad-acre cropping production by providing a service, particularly for plant pests. This frontline initiative is now available and complements DAF pathology services to stakeholders from the Queensland cropping industries.
The aim is to draw together diagnostic specialists, to co-ordinate plant disease diagnostic samples, to help deal with endemic pests and to strengthen the linkages between consultants, growers, researchers and state and national biosecurity programs.
If you have any crop protection concerns, samples including photos can be sent for diagnosis to the Plant Pest Diagnostic Service and will be examined by our experienced crop protection team.
All samples must be accompanied by a sample submission form.
Most samples can be sent to the main address, however, specialists for some crops are based in different locations. Therefore, it is recommended to contact the Customer Service Centre prior to sending a sample to avoid delays.
Plant Pest Diagnostic Service
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
203 Tor Street, Toowoomba QLD 4350
For further information, including sample packaging tips and a copy of the sample submission form:
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact our Customer Service Centre 13 25 23