To help industry improve its competitiveness and plan for the future, we collect data and conduct research on industry performance, consumer behaviour and social and demographic trends.
Queensland AgTrends report
'Queensland AgTrends' includes the latest economic forecasts and trends in Queensland agricultural, fisheries and forestry production.
The report provides gross value of production forecasts for each of Queensland's major primary industry commodities, as well as forecasts for first-round processing activities. The main edition of 'Queensland AgTrends' contains initial forecasts for the most recent financial year and is published annually.
These forecasts are then reviewed during the year. Changes to the initial forecasts are reported six months later in the subsequent edition of 'AgTrends update'.
Key forecasts: Queensland AgTrends 2017-18
For 2017–18, the total value of Queensland’s primary industry commodities (combined gross value of production and first-stage processing) is forecast to be $19.45 billion, 2 per cent less than the October 2017 estimate but 9 per cent greater than the average for the past 5 years.
Gross value of production ('farm gate') outlook
For 2017–18, the gross value of production (GVP) of Queensland’s primary industry commodities at the ‘farm gate’ is forecast to be almost $15.33 billion, 2 per cent less than the initial estimate for 2017–18 but 9 per cent greater than the average for the past 5 years.
Get a copy of the report
- Queensland AgTrends 2017-18
- Queensland AgTrends April 2017 update
- Queensland AgTrends 2016-17
- Queensland AgTrends April 2016 update
- Queensland AgTrends 2015-16
- Queensland AgTrends April 2015 update
- Queensland AgTrends 2014-15
- Queensland AgTrends April 2014 update
- Queensland AgTrends (October 2013) (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Queensland AgTrends 2012-13, April 2013 update (PDF, 337.8KB)
- Contact our Customer Service Centre