Aquaculture policies and guidelines
- Government response to the Queensland Competition Authority final report on Aquaculture Regulation in Queensland
- Queensland Aquaculture policy statement
- FAMOP001 - Management arrangements for potentially high-risk activities in the context of ESD
for the management of; flood prone land, exotic freshwater fish species, barramundi in inland catchments and use of aquacultured product for bait.
- FAMOP005 - Relaying of oysters within Queensland waters
requirements for relaying oysters within Queensland waters.
- FAMOP006 - Transhipment of oysters into Queensland waters
the requirements for transhipment of oysters from interstate into Queensland waters.
- FAMOP015 - Management arrangements for translocation of live aquatic organisms
transport between bioregions for aquaculture.
- Policy for maximising rock oyster production: management of non-productive oyster areas
minimum production levels for oyster aquaculture.
- Oyster Industry Management Plan for Moreton Bay Marine Park
- Guidelines for constructing and maintaining aquaculture containment structures
guidelines for best practice in-ground pond construction for aquaculture.
- Health management technical guidelines for aquaculture (PDF, 58.8KB)
technical guidelines for health management for aquaculture, including aquaculture undertaken under the self-assessable code.
Translocation and biosecurity
- Application to allow the translocation of live aquatic animals into and within Queensland (FDU 1398) (PDF, 162.4KB)
If you are planning to translocate aquaculture product from interstate you will need to fill out this form.
- FAMPR001 - Health protocol for the importation of selected live penaeid species from outside Queensland's East Coast waters
for the translocation of live broodstock prawns from outside Queensland's traditional east coast collection grounds (i.e. Gulf of Carpentaria, Torres Strait, Northern Territory and Western Australia).
- FAMPR002 - Health protocol for the importation and movement of live barramundi
for the translocation of live barramundi from outside Queensland.
- FAMPR003 - Health protocol for the movement of live bivalve molluscs
for the translocation of live bivalve molluscs (movement of oysters from New South Wales into Queensland).
- FAMPR004 - Health protocol for the movement of live marine crustaceans including crabs, lobsters and bugs
for the translocation of live marine crustaceans into Queensland.
- FAMPR005 - Health protocol for the movement of live eels:
for the translocation of live eels into Queensland.
- FAMPR006 - Health protocol for the movement of live freshwater crayfish and prawns:
for the translocation of live freshwater crayfish and prawns into Queensland.
- FAMPR007 - Health protocol for the movement of live freshwater native finfish (other than barramundi and eels)
for the translocation of live freshwater native finfish into Queensland.
- Aquaculture disease services - reporting possible disease outbreaks
information to assist aquaculturists in the event of a disease outbreak, or the possibility of a disease outbreak, on the farm or in the hatchery.
- Protecting Queensland aquaculture
information on the different measures in place to protect Queensland aquaculture from disease outbreaks.
- Controls over the use of agricultural and veterinary chemicals in the aquaculture industry.
- Pearl oyster quarantine
information on pearl oyster quarantine in preventing disease introduction to a farm and its spread within the farm.
Submitting for lab examination
Details of the procedures to follow for submitting specimens for lab examination for: