Qld eCatch app
If you’re interested in using the new Qld eCatch app, you can register your details with us now – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 13 25 23 so we can help you get started.
Fisheries Queensland is developing a new app for commercial fishers – Qld eCatch – to simplify reporting and logbook requirements, and provide more accurate and timely data on catch and effort.
Qld eCatch will allow you to report and submit notices and catch on the spot. It will also make it easier to access your records – including licensing information, reporting, quota balances and vessel tracking unit information.
The new app will be available for free later in the year.
Please note: The structure of the app will reflect the new reporting requirements that come into effect on 1 September 2021. At this stage, it will only be for use in the Queensland crab fisheries, all east coast net and line fisheries, the tropical rock lobster fishery and trawl fisheries (fishing operations that tranship their fish won’t be able to use the app initially – transhipment notices will be included in a future release of the app).
- Submit pre-trip and quota and reporting notices (including prior or emergency notices, amending notices, weight notices and retained fish notices)
- Record your catch and submit your logbooks
- Create and send your catch disposal records
- Check the status of your vessel tracking devices, and manually report your primary vessel location in the event of a unit failure
- View your authorities and quota balances
- Save your preferences (e.g. GPS coordinates format and regular disposal methods)
- Receive Fisheries Queensland notifications (including reminders about upcoming fishery closures and alerts about competitive fishery closures)
Have your say
We have been working with commercial fishers throughout the development process to make sure the app is easy to use.
However, every fishery and every fisher is different. We want to make sure Qld eCatch works for your business, so after it’s released we will be asking for your feedback to fine-tune the functionality.