There are 39 species of mangroves in Queensland. Six of the more common mangroves are described here to help you recognise these marine plants.
- Clough, BF (ed.) 1982, 'Mangrove ecosystems in Australia: structure, function and management', Australian Institute of Marine Science, ANU Press, Chifley, ACT.
- Dowling, RM 1986, The mangrove vegetation of Moreton Bay, 'Queensland Botany Bulletin No. 6', Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries, Brisbane.
- Duke, NC 2006, 'Australia's mangroves: the authoritative guide to Australia's mangrove plants', The University of Queensland, Brisbane.
- Lear, R & Turner, T 1977, 'Mangroves of Australia', University of Queensland Press, Brisbane.
- Lovelock, C 1993, 'Field guide to the mangroves of Queensland', Australian Institute of Marine Science, Townsville, Queensland.
- Mangrove Wetlands - Department of Environment and Science
- Mangrove Challenge - Queensland Museum