Queensland fisheries summary report
The Department’s Queensland Fisheries Summary Report (PDF, 1.2MB) provides catch and effort information for Queensland's fisheries. This data is updated twice annually, coinciding with the availability of calendar and financial year fisheries data.
It is important to note that the following points apply to the catch and effort information:
- Fishery quota and logbook figures listed in this report may differ; logbooks are designed to collect an estimated daily retained weight at sea, quota figures reflect accurately weighed land based figures from daily fishing activities.
- Please note there may also be differences between logbook catch and effort figures presented in this report and the associated QFish pivot table link—QFish does not currently have the same level of specificity as extractions completed via the internal fisheries database.
- Effort figures (licence numbers and number of days fished) in this report are not designed to be summed across species or fisheries.
- Queensland's fish price series dataset (the Gross Value of Product) was last updated in 2010 and prior to this date prices were updated sporadically. Fisheries Queensland is uncertain of the potential difference between gross value of product values presented in this document and the current market value of individual species.
The department summarises fisheries statistics for these method-based fisheries.
- Coral Fishery
- Crayfish and Rocklobster Fishery
- East Coast Pearl Fishery
- Marine Aquarium Fish Fishery
- Queensland Eel Fishery
- Sea Cucumber Fishery
- Trochus Fishery
- Coral Reef Fin Fish Fishery
- Deepwater Fin Fish Fishery
- East Coast Spanish Mackerel Fishery
- Gulf of Carpentaria Line Fishery
- Rocky Reef Fin Fish Fishery
- East Coast Inshore Fin Fish Fishery
- Gulf of Carpentaria Inshore Fin Fish Fishery
- Blue Swimmer Crab Fishery
- Mud Crab Fishery
- Spanner Crab Fishery
- East Coast Otter Trawl Fishery
- Fin Fish (Stout Whiting) Trawl Fishery
- Gulf of Carpentaria Developmental Fin Fish Trawl Fishery
- River and Inshore Beam Trawl Fishery
For more information
For further catch and effort data please visit the Fisheries Queensland website QFish. QFish allows you to analyse and present Fisheries Queensland data in a table format or using maps.
Additionally, you may request data through the Fish Data Coordinator, FishDataCoordinator@daf.qld.gov.au.