Qld Fishing 2.0 app
Fishing rules at your fingertips – download the free Qld Fishing 2.0 app via the App Store or Google Play.
- Identify your catch
- Check the rules for your fishing spot — ‘Can I Fish Here?’ feature
- Receive reminders about closures
- Find fish aggregating devices (FADs), boat facilities, stocked impoundments and artificial reefs
- Buy a permit to fish in stocked dams or weirs
- Learn more about your catch — like the age of a fish and fish stock biomass (where available)
- Link to Queensland weather and tide information
- Send questions, information or feedback
- Use in remote locations and areas with limited reception
Please note: The app does not collect or store personal information about you or where you are fishing.
Help us make it better
Submit your fish photos via the ‘Which fish is this?’ or the ‘My fish photo’ features in the app to help us ‘train’ the app, which uses artificial intelligence to identify common fish species.
If you have some ideas about how we can make the app easier to us, let us know via the ‘Contact Fisheries’ form in the app.
If you’d like to help us develop and test new features and functions, email QLDrecfishingapp.email@example.com or call us on 13 25 23.