- sell, trade or barter fish without an appropriate licence (illegal marketing of fish poses a threat to the legitimate seafood market, food safety and sustainability of fish stocks)
- jag or foul-hook fish
- use explosives, poisons or electrical devices to catch fish (divers can only use a powerhead on a spear gun to defend against sharks)
- interfere with authorised aquaculture activities
- obstruct lawful commercial fishing operations, or damage or interfere with fishing gear (including removing fish)
- possess or carry prohibited gear in closed waters unless the gear is stowed and secured
- remove, damage or interfere with Fisheries Queensland markers or signs
- use fishing gear (including nets) across a waterway or navigation channel if it makes more than half its width impassable to a boat or fish.