The Bloomfield river cod is a no-take species. In Queensland, catching and possessing this fish is totally prohibited. If accidentally caught, these species should immediately and carefully be returned to the water.
|Scientific name|| |
|Other names|| |
|Frequent misidentifications|| |
Small perch-like fish with distinct pores on head and lower jaw. Colouration - olive to dark green overall, paler on the belly. Greenish -yellow head with 2 vertical dark bars.
|Size and possession limits|| |
- Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries, 1997, Fish Guide. Saltwater, Freshwater and Noxious Species. The Great Outdoors Publications, Brisbane
- FishBase - A global information system on fishes
- Fisheries Act 1994 and Fisheries Regulation 2008
- Grant, EM, 1997, Grant's Guide To Fishes. EM Grant Pty Limited, Brisbane
- Merrick, JR and Schmida GE, 1984. Australian Freshwater Fishes: Biology and Management. Griffin Press Limited, South Australia
- Allen, G.R., Midgley, S.H., and Allen, M. Freshwater fishes of Australia. CSIRO Publishing, Victoria.
- Schmida, G. Freshwater Fishes. Steve Parish Publishing Pty Ltd., Queensland.