Consultation on proposed commercial allocation approaches
Consultation is now open for affected commercial fishers to have their say on allocation approaches for species moving to quota management and allocation of existing trawl effort units to the proposed management regions. This is in line with the Directions Paper on fisheries reforms released in early 2019.
Fisheries Queensland understands the impacts allocation decisions may have on commercial fishing businesses and is seeking feedback from all commercial stakeholders in the east coast inshore fin fish, east coast otter trawl, and crab fisheries:
- Inshore allocation discussion paper (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Trawl allocation discussion paper (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Crab allocation discussion paper (PDF, 957.2KB)
To provide feedback on the proposed allocation approaches outlined in the discussion papers:
- complete our short online survey
- email your written submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This consultation closes 26 April 2019.
Once feedback has been received, Fisheries Queensland will collate all responses for consideration by the relevant fishery working group and the Queensland Government.
For more information, call 13 25 23.