Forest and wood research is conducted at six government facilities or partner locations across Queensland:
- Ecociences Precinct, 41 Boggo Road, Dutton Park, Brisbane, Qld 4102
- Salisbury Research Centre, 50 Evans Road, Salisbury, Brisbane, Qld 4107
- University of the Sunshine Coast, Sippy Downs, Qld 4456
- Gympie Forestry Centre, Fraser Road, Gympie, Qld 4570
- Oonooba, River Boulevard, Townsville, Qld 4810
- Mareeba, Centre for Tropical Agriculture, 28 Peters Street, Mareeba, Qld 4880.
Each centre combines scientific expertise, modern equipment and suitable locations from which to deliver to clients in the plantations and processing industries. State of the art technology is installed at Salisbury Research Centre, Queensland's stellar facility focused on forest products research and development.