Biosecurity Queensland conducts training sessions for individuals and businesses that operate within the fire ant biosecurity zones and deal with fire ant carriers.
The training session is designed for businesses, government bodies, contractors and other suppliers working within the fire ant biosecurity zones. Fire ant training is also suitable for groundskeepers and anyone wishing to become a fire ant volunteer ranger.
- Fire ant identification and reporting
- impacts of fire ants
- the fire ant eradication program
- the fire ant biosecurity zones and movement controls
- how you can assist, and
- participants view live fire ants.
- No charge
- Biosecurity Queensland Control Centre, 51 Fulcrum Street, Richlands
- 9 am - 10.30 am on scheduled days (please arrive at 8.45 am)
- Bookings are necessary as sessions are limited to a maximum of 50 people. Interested parties should complete the registration form or call 13 25 23.
External sessions can be booked free of charge if there are 25 or more people to attend the training.