In accordance with the Waste Reduction and Recycling Act 2011 each Queensland Government department is required to have a strategic waste management plan in place for dealing with the waste generated by the department in carrying out its activities.
The department's Waste Reduction and Recycling Plan (PDF, 386.7KB):
- describes our approach to waste management
- sets the structure for establishing a recycling network and ongoing assessment of its activities across our department
- outlines priority activities for the three-year period
- provides direction on the development of specific initiatives to improve waste performance
- outlines how we will contribute towards the goals and targets of Queensland’s State Waste Management Strategy.
Waste reduction and recycling priorities to 2018
- Establishing a baseline of the types and quantities of waste the department generates
- Collection of quantitative data of the waste generated at the department’s CBD office location
- Investigations into the waste generated from the department's non-office based activities.
The Act requires that the department should prepare an annual report on the operation of its waste reduction and recycling plan during each financial year.