To assist land managers and investors better understand agricultural values and climate patterns across Queensland, the Department has developed the Agricultural Values Assessment (AVA) and Agricultural Climate Assessment (ACA) reports.
These auto-generated reports bring together information from hundreds of sources in concise and easy to understand reports with maps. The reports can be tailored to anywhere in the state, and provide detailed information to support investment and planning. The reports are free and there is no limit on the number of requests you can submit.
The Assessment Area is land within a 25 kilometre radius from a central coordinate.
The reports can inform:
- due diligence assessments
- business planning
- property planning
- regional and strategic planning
- opportunity and constraints analysis
- risk assessments
Agricultural Values Assessment report
An AVA report includes:
- baseline information regarding agricultural land classes within the Assessment Area
- calculated areas (expressed as hectares and percentages) for current and potential agricultural land uses, and other land use interests such as water resource planning
- proximity of the Assessment Area to processing facilities (such as sugar mills and cotton gins) and major infrastructure (such as air and sea ports)
Agricultural Climate Assessment report
An ACA report includes:
- temperature and rainfall ranges for the Assessment Area
- Specific temperature, rainfall, evaporation, pasture growth, crop yield, natural disaster and extreme weather event information
- Weather station locations within the Assessment Area
- Information on the major drivers of climate variability in the region of interest.
How do I find my coordinate?
- Click on the 'Tools' icon (next to 'All Available Layers' tab) to display the toolbar
- Click on the 'Measure' tab
- Use the mouse to click on the point of interest
- The latitude and longitude will appear under the 'Clicked Coordinates' box
- Make sure Lat/Lon(DD) is selected
From Google maps:
- Right click on the point of interest, select 'What's here?'
Terms and conditions
The data published in this product is produced for information purposes only.
While the State of Queensland (represented by the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries) takes every care to ensure the accuracy of the data used to generate this product, it makes no representations or warranties about its accuracy, reliability, completeness, currency or suitability for any particular purpose and (to the extent permitted by law) disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages (including direct, indirect and consequential damages) and costs which might be incurred as a consequence of reliance on the data, or as a result of the data being inaccurate or incomplete in any way and for any reason.
All data sets are updated as they become available to provide the most current information.