- Regulatory framework for aquaculture in Queensland
Summary of the regulatory framework for aquaculture in Queensland.
- Approvals required for aquaculture
Summary of the types of approvals that may be required to undertake aquaculture in Queensland.
- Making an application to undertake aquaculture development
Low-impact aquaculture, land-based aquaculture and Marine aquaculture
- Request to change an existing approval template (Department of Infrastructure and Planning)
For applications to amend or change an IDAS development approval in Queensland. To be completed for requests for an extension of the currency period, to change or cancel conditions or to change the development approval (other than a change of a condition).
- Application form for amendments to an RAA (PDF, 112.3KB)
For applications to make an amendment to a resource allocation authority.
- Application form for a transfer of an RAA (PDF, 190.0KB)
- Application form for transfer of an RAA (additional transferors) (PDF, 43.7KB)
Change of contact details
- Change contact details - development approval (PDF, 171.0KB)
- Change contact details - development approval (additional proprietor/lessee) (PDF, 171.0KB)
Complete this form when there is a change of ownership for a property that has an aquaculture development approval to notify of change of contact details.
Other aquaculture approvals
- Application form for collection of broodstock or culture stock for aquaculture
Any collection of broodstock from the wild to use in aquaculture hatcheries requires a general fisheries permit (GFP) to authorise collection. Other approvals may also be required, for example permission to take protected species from within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Native Title notification may be required for some approvals.
- Application to allow the translocation of live aquatic animals into and within Queensland (FDU 1398) (PDF, 162.4KB)
If you are planning to translocate aquaculture product from interstate you will need to complete this form. Refer to the aquaculture health translocation protocols on the management webpage for more information.