All licence holders should be aware that investment and increased fishing effort warnings have been issued for a number of fisheries.
- Getting started in commercial fishing
- Commercial fishing licences, permits and quotas
- Commercial fishery symbols
- Queensland commercial fishing fees
- Application forms related to commercial fishing
- Fisheries development approvals
- How to inspect the Fisheries Register of Authorities
- Exporting fish from Australia - information for commercial licence holders
- Frequently asked questions about fishing authorities (licences, permits and quotas)
- Fishery approvals under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act
- Catch and effort logbooks
Commercial fishers operating in Queensland's state-managed fisheries are required by law to complete daily logbooks.
- Catch reporting requirements for all quota fisheries (excluding all trawl)
- Landing and vessel codes for giving Prior notices and Transhipment notices
These codes are for quota fisheries.
- Vessel Monitoring System (VMS)
VMS is a satellite based, near real time, positional tracking system for monitoring the location of vessels.
- Queensland Boating and Fisheries Patrol (QBFP)
QBFP enforces fisheries and boating safety laws, as well as undertaking related education and surveillance.
- Managing compliance in Queensland's fisheries