Queensland charter fishing operators and members of the community are invited to provide feedback on the Charter Fishing Action Plan 2017–2020.
Feedback will help set the future direction for charter fishing in Queensland.
Charter fishing is a popular experience for Queensland residents and interstate and international tourists.
The action plan will help recognise charter fishing as a distinct fishing activity that provides economic benefit for Queensland.
The discussion paper includes proposed goals and actions to help support and grow a world class charter fishery in Queensland.
Seven main topics are presented for feedback in the discussion paper:
- A voice for the charter fishing industry
- Access to the charter fishery (including licensing and compliance)
- Maritime safety and infrastructure
- Declining resources and increasing fishing pressure
- Promotion of charter fishing
- Fishery enhancements
- Red tape reduction.
Have your say before close 5.00pm, Friday 4 August 2017.