Consultation on the Charter Fishing Action Plan closed on 4 August 2017.
Feedback is currently being considered and will help set the future direction for charter fishing in Queensland.
The action plan will help recognise charter fishing as a distinct fishing activity that provides economic benefit for Queensland.
The discussion paper included proposed goals and actions to help support and grow a world class charter fishery in Queensland.
Seven main topics were presented for feedback in the discussion paper:
- A voice for the charter fishing industry
- Access to the charter fishery (including licensing and compliance)
- Maritime safety and infrastructure
- Declining resources and increasing fishing pressure
- Promotion of charter fishing
- Fishery enhancements
- Red tape reduction.
Responses will be considered and will assist in the development of a final Charter Action Plan.