Closed season: 1 September to 30 November in all Queensland non-tidal waters (including stocked impoundments). During open season, Mary River cod is a no take species if captured outside of the stocked impoundments listed below.
Maccullochella peelii mariensis
Restricted to the Mary river catchment and stocked in some SEQ impoundments. Likes areas of low flow, resides around undercut banks and fallen timber.
|Size and possession limits|
|Stocked impoundments where Mary River cod can be taken|
Upstream of the walls of Cressbrook, Hinze, Maroon, Moogerah, North Pine, Somerset and Wivenhoe Dams and lakes Dyer (Bill Gunn dam) and Clarendon.
- Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries, 1997, Fish Guide. Saltwater, Freshwater and Noxious Species. The Great Outdoors Publications, Brisbane
- FishBase - A global information system on fishes
- Fisheries Act 1994 and Fisheries Regulation 2008
- Grant, EM, 1997, Grant's Guide To Fishes. EM Grant Pty Limited, Brisbane
- Merrick, JR and Schmida GE, 1984. Australian Freshwater Fishes: Biology and Management. Griffin Press Limited, South Australia
- Allen, G.R., Midgley, S.H., and Allen, M. Freshwater fishes of Australia. CSIRO Publishing, Victoria.
- Schmida, G. Freshwater Fishes. Steve Parish Publishing Pty Ltd., Queensland.