The river blackfish is a protected species. The catching or possession of these fish is totally prohibited. If caught river blackfish should be released unharmed.
|Scientific name|| |
|Other names|| |
Slipperys, slimies, Nicky´s, Nicky long-cod
|Size and possession limits|| |
- Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries, 1997, Fish Guide. Saltwater, Freshwater and Noxious Species. The Great Outdoors Publications, Brisbane
- FishBase - A global information system on fishes
- Fisheries Act 1994 and Fisheries Regulation 2008
- Grant, EM, 1997, Grant's Guide To Fishes. EM Grant Pty Limited, Brisbane
- Merrick, JR and Schmida GE, 1984. Australian Freshwater Fishes: Biology and Management. Griffin Press Limited, South Australia
- Allen, G.R., Midgley, S.H., and Allen, M. Freshwater fishes of Australia. CSIRO Publishing, Victoria.
- Schmida, G. Freshwater Fishes. Steve Parish Publishing Pty Ltd., Queensland.