Longfin eel, pacific shortfin eel
Snake-like body with a small head, jaws reaching below the rear of the eye or beyond. Body colouration; Golden to olive green overall, becoming paler towards the belly, with greenish fins
|Size and possession limits||
|Features that distinguish Southern Shortfin eel from Pacific shortfin eel||
Located only in south east Queensland
- Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries, 1997, Fish Guide. Saltwater, Freshwater and Noxious Species. The Great Outdoors Publications, Brisbane
- FishBase - A global information system on fishes
- Fisheries Act 1994 and Fisheries Regulation 2008
- Grant, EM, 1997, Grant's Guide To Fishes. EM Grant Pty Limited, Brisbane
- Merrick, JR and Schmida GE, 1984. Australian Freshwater Fishes: Biology and Management. Griffin Press Limited, South Australia
- Allen, G.R., Midgley, S.H., and Allen, M. Freshwater fishes of Australia. CSIRO Publishing, Victoria.
- Schmida, G. Freshwater Fishes. Steve Parish Publishing Pty Ltd., Queensland.