We work with HQPlantations Pty Ltd to try and make plantation forests on State land in Queensland safe for all visitors and users, and to maintain environmental values. These areas can be endangered by illegal activities such as:
- driving unregistered vehicles
- using 4WDs and trail bikes off road in a way that damages the land and interferes with fire management and other safety measures
- dumping rubbish
- illegal camping or organised events without a permit
- lighting fires.
When you visit plantation forests on State land, you must follow all signs and any directions from forest rangers or plantation officers.
You can help keep plantation forests on State land safe by:
- reporting illegal dumping and littering to the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection
- contacting Crime Stoppers Queensland or the Queensland Police if you see any activity that you think is suspicious or unsafe.