Queensland’s agriculture, fisheries, forestry and food industries are central to our economy, regions and communities.
At a glance
direct employment in 2022–23
total supply-chain employment
AFF and value chain businesses
Queensland's primary industries directly and indirectly employ more than 363,000 people (more than 13% of Queensland's workforce).
Explore the employment dashboard to see:
- employment and business statistics related to Queensland's agriculture, fisheries and forestry supply chain
- how farm gate employment and businesses support other sectors of the Queensland economy.
Seasonal labour demand
Horticulture has a particular reliance on seasonal workers to ensure continuity of supply, with up to 18,000 temporary full time equivalent jobs available each month during a good season.
Explore our labour-demand dashboard to understand:
- demand across Queensland horticultural regions and commodities
- labour intensity of various commodities across the year.
These figures are:
- modelled estimates only
- subject to change
- based on the available data as at February 2021.
Explore the data
Last updated: 12 Oct 2023