This major award entitles up to two senior high school students the opportunity to attend a pre-selected industry conference within Australia, relevant to either the competition topic or agricultural science in general.
Students may be asked to present their competition entry during the conference to an audience of researchers, agronomists, growers and industry representatives.
This is an excellent opportunity for students to:
- gain confidence in presenting, communicating and networking with professionals working in the field of science and agriculture
- discover various career paths
- expand their knowledge of how science and agriculture is applied in sustainable food and fibre production in Australia and throughout the world.
What we offer
Funding permitting, we offer 2 awards to the value of $1,000 each to a senior high school student and an accompanying adult, to assist with the costs in attending a science or agriculture conference within Australia.
Each award will contribute towards:
- conference registration fees
- conference dinner (if applicable)
- accommodation and travel costs.
Who is eligible
- be in Year 10, 11 or 12
- submit a Plant Science Project Award entry.
How to apply
Students will be assessed on both their competition entry and their responses to these questions:
- In your opinion, why is agriculture important to Australia's future?
- What do you see as a possible future role for you in the rural/agricultural science industries?
- Why do you wish to attend your chosen conference and what do you hope to gain from the experience?
Attach a letter of recommendation from a teacher or mentor supporting the application.
Last updated: 04 Aug 2023