Awards Day and Agricultural (Ag) Science Expo
This year we held another Virtual Awards Day & Ag Science Expo due to the continued uncertainty around the Covid-19 situation. A virtual Awards Week was held with three separate online events taking place to help celebrate students’ achievements in the competition and to promote agricultural science:
- DAF Virtual Awards Ceremony held Tuesday 12th October 2021 from 1-2pm
- QuestaGame ‘Pest Invaders’ BioQuest Play to Protect webinar held Wednesday 13th October from 1-1:45pm
- StreetScience ‘Future of Foods’ online show held on Thursday 14th October 2021 from 2-2:45pm
You can watch a video of the 2020 ceremony and links to the 2021 Awards Week video recordings will be available for viewing soon.
Each year participants and prize winners of the schools plant science competition are formally acknowledged at a special Awards Day and Agricultural Science Expo, which is held at the department's Hermitage Research Facility in Warwick, Queensland during National Science Week.
The aims of this event are to:
- highlight the significance and importance of agriculture and science to our daily lives and promote science and agriculture as a great choice for a long-term, rewarding career
- formally recognise and celebrate students' involvement and achievements in the competition with departmental staff, competition sponsors, supporters and the general community
- provide students an opportunity to interact with high profile keynote speakers, scientists, staff and competition sponsors, supporters and learn about current plant science research and related industries.
All school students who submit a competition entry, together with their teachers and parents, other family members, and the general public are invited to attend the Awards Day and Ag Science Expo.