We look forward to seeing you at the Awards Day and Ag Science Expo!
- When: 15 August 2023
- Where: Hermitage Research Facility
- Times: 8.45am to 2.00pm
- RSVP by Friday 4 August 2023
About the event
The Awards Day and Ag Science Expo:
- highlights the significance and importance of agriculture and science to our daily lives
- promotes science and agriculture as a great choice for a long-term, meaningful and rewarding career.
Each year during National Science Week, join us to:
- celebrate students' achievements in the competition and all things agriculture science
- interact with high profile keynote speakers, scientists, staff, competition sponsors and supporters
- learn about current plant science research and related industries
- engage in interactive agricultural science displays and shows.
Who can attend
- All competition participants
- Parents and extended family
- General public and community members
Program and activities
- Formal awards ceremony
- Short speeches by dignitaries
- Guided tour of the Hermitage Research Facility
- Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) research presentations
- BBQ lunch
- Interactive science displays
- Mobile petting zoo
- Dynamic Street Science Show!
How to find us
Entry to the DAF Hermitage Research Facility is via:
- Yangan Road (2 entry points)
- Hermitage-EmuVale Road (1 entry point).
Vehicles, including buses, may park in the parking bays at the front and rear of the main administration building (including grassed areas around trees) and may also park on the roadside (grassed area) along Yangan Road.
Exhibitors and presenters
A copy of the program, including a map of the layout showing your display location, will be emailed to you prior to the event.
Any exhibitors bringing livestock/animals may set up enclosures/pens the afternoon before the event. It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to provide safe/comfortable enclosures, food and water for their animals throughout the day. Water is available on site.
Other exhibitors may start setting up anytime from 8am onwards on the morning of the event.
Last updated: 30 Mar 2023