SIP scheme 2019-2020 Financial summary

Permit sales between 01/07/2019 and 30/06/2020

Sales Outlet

Number

Monetary Value

Australia Post Outlets

2,994

$82.064

Decipha (online, phone and iPad agents)

34,551

$838,432

Total

37,545

$920,496

Type of permits sold between 01/07/2019 and 30/06/2020

Permit Type

Number

Monetary value

Weekly

22,403

$224,030

Yearly

10,811

$540,550

Yearly Discount

4,331

$155,916

The SIP Scheme Budget

Budget statement for the Stocked Impoundment Permit Scheme for the Period 01/07/2019 to 30/06/2020.

 $%
Total funds collected*$950,496100%
Administration costs**$246,73625.94%
Funds paid for fish stocking and other approved activities (no GST)$679,24471.43%
Funds for fish stocking (Disaster allocation)$00%
Funds paid for community engagement$25,0002.63%

*An additional $30,000 was received from previous deferrals not accounted for in 2018-19.

**Additional admin costs paid from other Fisheries Queensland budget

Note: No deferral was possible from 2019-20 to 2020-21

The following is a breakdown of the administration costs component of the above table.

Component

Cost

Permit Sales Costs

$48,320

Travel

$514

Postage

$628

Miscellaneous

$2,363

Stationery & Printing

$25

Marketing Campaign

$935

Salaries

$193,952

How the funds were allocated

The working group looked at a number of allocation models for the 2019-20 grants. After discussion the majority of the working group supported applying a formula with 30% of funds allocated by surface area capped at 4,000 hectares maximum with available fishing area and the remaining 70% of funds allocated by the SIPS permit holder participation rate at dams and weirs. It also continues the minimum $500 allocation and the maximum of 70% of total stocking allocation from SIPS.


Allocation amounts were based on a total revenue of $918,992 (included total sales July 2019 to May 2020 and predicted sales for May and June 20 19 20). A total of $[689,244 |](ex GST) was allocated for community engagement and impoundments in 20 18 19-20 19 20. FFSAQ was allocated $10,000 for community engagement and $15,000 for development of a SIPS fishing trail. $679,244 was allocated to impoundments for fish stocking and other approved activities.

Below is a list of the impoundment allocations and SIPS permit holder participation for 2019-20. Total allocation reflects adjustments due to carryover caps.

SIP Funding Allocation

Impoundment

SIPS Holder


Participation

Total Allocation


(ex GST)

Impoundment

SIPS Holder


Participation

Total Allocation


(ex GST)

Aplins Weir

1.07%

$5,907

Inglewood Town Weir

0.13%

$450

Baroon Pocket Dam

1.41%

$9,121

Jones Weir

0.02%

$866

Beehive Dam*

0.00%

$0

Kinchant Dam

2.43%

$16,691

Ben Anderson Barrage

0.15%

$1,209

Koombooloomba Dam*

0.00%

$0

Ben Dor Weir

0.02%

$539

Lake Belmore

0.06%

$832

Bjelke Petersen Dam

3.33%

$26,572

Lake Dyer

0.26%

$928

Black Weir

1.00%

$5,652

Lake Gregory

0.55%

$3,770

Bonshaw Weir

0.55%

$662

Lake Kurwongbah

2.20%

$12,412

Boondooma Dam

5.20%

$35,522

Lake MacDonald*

0.00%

$0

Borumba Dam

6.16%

$19,233

Lake Monduran

5.31%

$44,801

Burdekin Falls Dam

0.75%

$20,647

Lemon Tree Weir

0.55%

$387

Caboolture River Weir

0.53%

$1,592

Lenthalls Dam

2.35%

$15,596

Callide Dam

1.32%

$12,160

Leslie Dam

3.41%

$23,304

Cania Dam

2.58%

$16,646

Maroon Dam

3.90%

$3,001

Cecil Plains Weir

0.51%

$731

Miles Weir

0.13%

$0

Chinchilla Weir

0.77%

$5,568

Moogerah Dam

3.56%

$17,381

Claude Wharton Weir

0.09%

$1,998

North Pine Dam

4.07%

$24,851

Connolly Dam

0.81%

$468

Peter Faust Dam

2.69%

$30,919

Cooby Dam

1.94%

$0

Somerset Dam

9.26%

$65,680

Coolmunda Dam

1.36%

$14,475

Storm King Dam

0.28%

$1,760

Cressbrook Dam

2.37%

$14,660

Surat Weir

0.17%

$731

Cunningham (Beebo) Weir

0.15%

$452

Talgai Weir

0.19%

$446

Eungella Dam

1.75%

$12,778

Teemburra Dam

1.86%

$14,333

Ewen Maddock Dam

1.39%

$8,883

Theresa Creek Dam

0.70%

$4,770

Fairbairn Dam

1.24%

$23,244

Tinaroo Falls Dam

2.79%

$29,393

Gil Weir

0.17%

$1,167

Whetstone Weir

0.11%

$450

Gleeson Weir

0.55%

$1,744

Wivenhoe Dam

5.61%

$46,381

Glenarbon Weir

0.02%

$452

Woodford Weir

0.11%

$382

Glenlyon Dam

2.30%

$19,692

Wuruma Dam

1.13%

$13,400

Goondiwindi (Hilton) Weir

0.43%

$839

Wyaralong Dam

2.79%

$19,906

Gordonbrook Dam

0.19%

$2,007

Yarramalong Weir

0.62%

$559

Hinze Dam

2.64%

$20,244

*An allocation was not paid to the stocking group due to not meeting the Grant Agreement requirements and/or dam maintenance activities.