Our #eatqld campaign encourages the community to eat local, stay healthy and support jobs in the state’s agricultural sector.
Our produce is second to none. We urge everybody to explore Queensland-grown food and when you do, take a photograph and share it online using the hashtag #eatqld.
By eating Queensland-produced meat, dairy, seafood, fruit, nuts and veggies you support Queensland farmers and everybody that brings that food to your table.
The #eatqld champions are individuals, groups, organisations or products that promote Queensland produce locally, regionally, nationally or internationally.
Find out more about our #eatqld champions.
Queensland Chef Dominique Rizzo works her magic with Queensland produce and provides some delicious recipes for you to try:
- Beef kofta with roasted vegetable salad
- Breakfast bake with pork sausage and crispy hash potato
- One-bowl orange lemon brownies
- Crispy chicken with mandarin sauce
- Strawberry vanilla crumble
- Spicy prawn tacos
- Spanner crab omelette
- Italian grilled flank with salmoriglio sauce and fried chickpea salad
- Strawberry yoghurt and vanilla panna cotta
- Passionfruit, cashew and chia coconut slice
- Beetroot and fennel sorghum risotto
- Coconut poached wild-caught barramundi
- Caramelised onion bisque
We’re also encouraging people to support local and regional businesses when buying food:
- Go Local, Grow Local recovery campaign—encourages Queenslanders to support small businesses in their community by shopping locally
- Food and beverage supplier directory—showcases products grown, made and produced in Queensland.