Cat and dog management
The Agriculture and Forestry Legislation Amendment Bill 2013 was passed by the Queensland Parliament on 10 September 2013. The amendments related to management of cats and dogs will come into effect shortly. As a result, cat registration will no longer be required in some local government areas.
A number of resources are available to help local councils with the implementation of the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008.
- Acknowledgement of consent to enter property (DOC, 31.5KB)
- Authorised person identification (DOC, 32.0KB)
- Compliance notice for regulated dog offences (DOC, 44.5KB)
- Destruction order - information notice (DOC, 44.5KB)
- Instrument of appointment authorised person (DOC, 36.0KB)
- Proposed regulated dog declaration notice (DOC, 54.5KB)
- Registration notice (DOC, 56.5KB)
- Registration/registration renewal/change of details (cat or dog owners) application (DOC, 59.0KB)
- Regulated dog declaration information notice (DOC, 85.5KB)
- Regulated dog declaration notice (DOC, 63.0KB)
- Restricted dog permit application/renewal (DOC, 55.5KB)
- Review of local government decision application (DOC, 39.0KB)
- Schedule B - Requirements for keeping declared menacing dog (DOCX, 17.3KB)
- Schedule C – Requirements for keeping declared dangerous dog (DOCX, 19.2KB)
- Schedule D - Requirements for keeping declared restricted dog (DOCX, 17.6KB)
- Warrant to enter (DOC, 52.0KB)
- Warrant to enter application (DOC, 54.0KB)
Regulated dogs register
If you experience any service difficulties with the register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.