Restrictions have been imposed on the Logan and Albert rivers following the detection of white spot in prawns. Find out more information and report anything unusual to Biosecurity Queensland on 13 25 23.
Queenslanders are keen anglers. Each year, more than 700,000 fish for recreation, with anglers taking home around 8500 tonnes of fin fish, crabs and prawns. Queensland's fisheries resources are also important for tourism, attracting anglers from around Australia and the world.
- Rules and regulations
Size and possession limits for fresh waters
Size and possession limits for tidal waters
- Tips and responsibilities
- Boating & Fisheries Patrol
- Permits for fishing in stocked impoundments
- Freshwater fish stocking
- Net-free fishing zones
- Conducting fishing competitions
- Recreational fishing rules and regulations