Queensland Biosecurity Strategy 2018-2023
Queensland Biosecurity Strategy - Six Key Themes
Collaborative Governance & Leadership
Shared decision making, shared responsibility and co-managing the system with our key biosecurity partners.
Every Queenslander plays their part
Adopting behaviour change approaches by tapping into the science of people
Empowered to act
Giving people the capacity and acpability to take up any newly fostered sense of willingness to participate (e.g. skills, training and incentive schemes).
Bright ideas and better way
Innovating (both in research and business process) and find ways to prioritise R&D beyond production-based R&D.
Valuing and building on our investments
Maximising our environmental, social & economic returns by putting our resources to best use.
Better intelligence systems
Adopting the tools and ecision making systems/ frameworks themselves that help us make smarter decisions.
How we developed the strategy
- a series of forums with our partners to ensure that we understood independent recommendations about where biosecurity capability needed improvement and to articulate our shared vision for the future
- meeting with keynote speakers and experts in allied fields to learn from how they manage risk, innovate and get engagement/ownership from the community
- developing working drafts to test for understanding
- taking ideas from our writing group about how to move from strategy development to action planning
- collaborating with the Biosecurity Queensland Ministerial Council (BQMAC) to find ways to have our progress in future action planning be independently monitored and evaluated.