Branding and earmarking
Branding and earmarking submissions
Brands applications must consider the following:
- We prefer to process applications electronically as this results in faster process times.
- All brand and earmark applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Please note: we will not receive posted applications as fast as electronically submitted applications.
- For security reasons, credit card details must not be entered on the application form.
- Once a fully completed application form is received by the Licensing Transaction Unit (LTU), we will accept it into the processing system.
- Applications will be processed in order of arrival at LTU.
- You will be contacted by a member of LTU and sent a BPoint link via email to make payment when your application is ready to be processed.
- Currently there is a 40 working day turnaround period for processing fully completed applications.
- A branding exemption is currently in place and cattle producers are not required to brand cattle with a live weight in excess of 100kg before sale.
Brands and earmarks are used to prove ownership of livestock. They are only compulsory for cattle and pigs when they are being sold. However they are recommended to avoid ownership disputes over stray animals.