Branding and earmarking
Branding and earmarking submissions
You must consider the following submissions information when applying for a brand or earmark:
- The exemption allowing temporary COVID-19 branding relief for cattle producers ceased as of 30 June 2023, coinciding with the scaling back of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.
- Email all brand and earmark applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not enter credit card details on the application form.
- Payments are processed via BPoint. You will be contacted by a member of staff regarding payment when your application is being processed.
- There is currently a 40-working day turnaround period for all applications.
Brands and earmarks are used to prove ownership of livestock. They are only compulsory for cattle and pigs when they are being sold. However they are recommended to avoid ownership disputes over stray animals.