Branding and earmarking submissions
Brands applications must consider the following:
- We prefer to process applications electronically as this results in faster process times.
- All brand and earmark applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Please note: we will not receive posted applications as fast as electronically submitted applications.
- For security reasons, credit card details must not be entered on the application form.
- Once a fully completed application form is received by the Licensing Transaction Unit (LTU), we will accept it into the processing system.
- Applications will be processed in order of arrival at LTU.
- A staff member will call you to process fee payments via a secured line when they are ready to begin processing your application.
- Currently there is an 80 working day turnaround period for processing fully completed applications.
- A branding exemption is currently in place and cattle producers are not required to brand cattle with a live weight in excess of 100kg before sale.
Registering a brand or earmark
Please note: We cannot accept credit card payment details via email.
- Sheep brand and/or earmark application
- Cattle and horse brand and/or earmark application
- Pig brand application
- Transfer brand or earmark application
- Horse and cattle symbol branding options
- Sheep and earmark codes
- Cattle earmark codes and shapes
- Three piece brand options
Changing your details
- Request change of details to registered brand, earmark or tattoo
- Cancellation authority (PDF, 225.5KB)
- Cancellation in favour (DOC, 43.0KB)
Note: If you would like to change your personal details, please contact us or your local Biosecurity office.
You may either:
- return your brands online if your current registered details are correct
- complete and submit a brands return form (PDF, 508.8KB)