Understand threats to your property
Learn about livestock pests and diseases and plant pests and diseases that could enter and threaten your property.
Protect your property
- Watch the farm biosecurity planning video
- Use Farm-check in for all visitors
- Have biosecurity signage
- Find out how to protect your property against:
- See Come clean go clean to learn how to clean vehicles, equipment, clothing and footwear.
- Download the Know the biosecurity risks fact sheet to understand how pests, weeds and diseases can enter your property and ways to prevent risk.
Create a biosecurity management plan
Create a biosecurity management plan and update it every 12 months if your operation changes or you experience a disease or pest incursion.
Check your biosecurity entity registration
Check your biosecurity entity registration is up-to-date if you have livestock or bees. Registration allows us to better prepare for and respond to biosecurity emergencies.
Monitor and report
Monitor your livestock for signs of animal diseases and report to your veterinarian or the Emergency Animal Disease Watch Hotline on 1800 675 888 immediately. Alternatively, call Biosecurity Queensland on 13 25 23.
Crops and horticulture
Monitor and report any unusual new pest or disease:
- Exotic Plant Pest Hotline on 1800 084 881
- Biosecurity Queensland on 13 25 23
- Visit the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries website.
- Subscribe to receive updates and alerts.
- Follow us on social media.
Last updated: 14 Oct 2022