Waste reduction and recycling plan
In accordance with the Waste Reduction and Recycling Act 2011 each Queensland Government department is required to have a strategic waste management plan in place for dealing with the waste generated by the department in carrying out its activities.
The department's Waste reduction and recycling plan (PDF, 381.9KB):
- describes our approach to waste management
- outlines priority activities for the three-year period
- provides direction on the development of specific initiatives to improve waste performance
- outlines how we will contribute towards the goals and targets of Queensland’s Waste Management and Resource Recovery strategy.
Waste reduction and recycling priorities to 2024
- continue to identify and monitor the department’s waste profile
- adopt waste management and reduction practices, where possible
- collaborate with other departments and share learnings from DAF’s waste initiatives
- identify procurement opportunities to increase DAF’s recycling and data collection
The Act requires that the department should prepare an annual report on the operation of its waste reduction and recycling plan during each financial year.