The Integrated Engagement and Capacity Building Project aims to:
- build capacity of extension services and farmer peer-to-peer groups and networks
- build confidence and capability in farming communities
- enable changes that will achieve financial, social, and environmental sustainability and improve Reef water quality outcomes.
To reach these goals, we:
- provide information, resources, training and networking opportunities for farmer peer-to-peer groups in the Great Barrier Reef (GBR) catchment area
- provide resources and advice to help farmers start up new peer-to-peer groups
- support regional and cross-regional events for farmers to learn about improved practices from other farmers
- provide funding for farming peer-to-peer group activities
- improve the skills of extension and advisory staff by providing information, training and development workshops, subsidised training courses and a comprehensive professional development training program
- facilitate cross-regional events for extension staff to network, share and learn together.
- will offer a range of extension training workshops (face to face and online) and training-course subsidies every year
- are developing eLearning modules to supplement face-to-face and online training
- will provide funding to support eligible projects for farmer groups (1 funding round per year)
- will hold Reef extension think tanks in 2024 and 2026 to promote networking and cross-regional learning amongst extension and advisory staff. The first Reef think tank was held in Townsville in 2019 and was a great success, attracting over 100 extension staff working across industries in the GBR catchments
- will support regional events hosted by farmer peer-to-peer groups across the GBR catchments
- will hold a cross-regional event for farmer peer-to-peer groups in 2025 to promote networking and learning between farmer groups.
- Subscribe to our e-Bulletin to find out about current initiatives and opportunities.
- Register to find out more about training courses and workshops.
- Email RP84Admin@daf.qld.gov.au for more information.
Last updated: 06 Sep 2023