Register of biosecurity orders
The Register of biosecurity orders contains the following information related to biosecurity orders issued under chapter 13 of the Biosecurity Act 2014:
- the real property description of the land to which the order relates
- the local government area in which the land is situated
- the day the order was given
- information about the biosecurity matter or any other thing to which the order relates
- the action required to be taken under the order
- the period stated in the order for taking the action.
Details on the Register of biosecurity orders are not published, as the information is confidential.
Apply to purchase information on the Register
Under section 379(6) of the Biosecurity Act 2014 you may apply to buy a copy of all or part of the information held in the Register of biosecurity orders.
Please note: Approval of requests to purchase information is at the discretion of the chief executive or delegate. A request may be refused if the chief executive or delegate considers the particular circumstances make disclosure of information inappropriate.
Before applying to purchase information from the registers held by Biosecurity Queensland, please download and read the Register Search Application Information . To apply you will need certain information including:
- contact details of the person lodging the application
- details of lot on plan information for all lots included in the search
- a completed and signed copy of the sale contract (for conveyancing searches)
- a completed and signed Permission to Release form signed by ALL land owners.
The easiest way to apply to purchase information from the registers held by Biosecurity Queensland is by using the online application form. You can upload all the information required as part of the online process and also make payment.
The prescribed fee is required to be paid under the Biosecurity Regulation 2016.
Please note, once received and receipted, refund of register search fees will not be considered.
Contact us for advice if you are uncertain whether to complete an application or which application to complete.